Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Now, son, they do a lot of quality programming too. - BWAHAHAHAHA!



Man, Fox really sucks. It really pisses me off that they cancelled Tru Calling before the premiere of its much improved second season. I wasn't planning on watching the remaining episodes because I hated the first season, but my niece came over last week and wanted to see it. I was surprised at how much more watchable it was. This week's episode was really good too. Dammit, I'm getting involved, even though I know it's not gonna go anywhere.I know Fox has brought back shows before (or a show, Family Guy), but Jane Espenson has already landed a job writing for The Insider, I believe it's called, which is premiering next fall. Then again, if Jane had the chance to go back to a show where she actually got to be executive producer, she would, right? Ah well, it doesn't matter because it would take blockbuster ratings or phenomenal DVD sales for the show to be revived, and it just doesn't have that kind of following.Make fun of me for liking Tru if you want, but it really did have potential. More than Point Pleasant, that's for damn sure.

7 comments:

shonkwoc said...

I totally agree about Tru Calling. I watched one episode of Point Pleasant and couldn't watch anymore. TC was SO much better...:p

sadiethegoat said...

I gave Point Pleasant a chance because I was bored, but eh - it was just painful. Last season's TC wasn't nearly that terrible, just kinda blah. It's really improved, but unfortunately, Fox really doesn't give a damn about its shows.

gatgedholic78 said...

I don't know. I can buy that they screwed over Wonderfalls and Firefly...but dude, TC got terrible reviews from day 1, had bad ratings, and Fox increased its episode order, and kept it on for a full season. I actually think they gave it more of a chance than it really deserved.

upstairsfortihnking35yahoocom said...

Those shows are definitely better examples of Fox screwing over its shows. But I didn't really care for Firefly or Wonderfalls, so it didn't annoy me as much. I wouldn't care about TC either if they didn't show us the new episodes, and make me actually like it, knowing that there aren't going to be any new ones.*sigh* Apparently I just like really crappy tv. :(

eadkmniv said...

Also, I think they should give more shows the same chances they gave TC. They gave it a chance to improve, and it did. The problem is, they didn't give it a chance to reach its audience, since they didn't decide to air it until after it was cancelled. Shows need time to build an audience.

cutdead said...

Have I ever mentioned how much I love your Simpsons subject lines? It never fails to amuse me when they mock the FOX network. I watched TC last night and thought it was much improved, and I credit that to it being a Jane Espenson script - there was quippiness, misdirection, and a bit of fleshing out of the minor characters. I do think it's pretty odd that FOX renewed it, then cancelled it before any of the new episodes could air, and I wonder if that had to do with the DVD sales. Maybe they didn't meet expectations, and so the network decided to cut their losses.

penhcoyhdiai said...

Have I ever mentioned how much I love your Simpsons subject lines?I'm always quoting the Simpsons. They seem to have quotes for every occasion. :)I watched TC last night and thought it was much improved, and I credit that to it being a Jane Espenson script - there was quippiness, misdirection, and a bit of fleshing out of the minor characters.Man, if only she had come onboard sooner. Oh, well, there'll be other shows. No use beating a dead horse.