Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Oh, dude, Lost was on tonight, wasn't it?



I watched it, I just forgot to post about it.I really want to like this show. There are times I see flashes of brilliance and think, yes, this show is not a complete waste of time! But those moments are few and far between. If I didn't see such potential for this show, I wouldn't care so damn much.So far, my favorite Lost moments have been:* Locke can walk! It's a miracle! A really freaky cool miracle.* Kate and Sawyer shut the hell up and kiss. And it was surprisingly hot.* Island golf! Woo hoo! This is one of the few times it seems the show wasn't taking itself too seriously.* Charlie hanging from a fucking tree! Dude!* Dude, Boone slept with his sister stepsister! And Locke is really fucking psycho! Ah, hallucinogenic goo, that's brings back memories from the good ol' days of The X-Files.And that's about it. I'm sure I'm forgetting a few cool things along the way, but so far, not enough has really *happened*, you know? The really cool moments I mentioned are enough to keep me watching, but not enough to make a satisfying viewing experience.That's right, Lost is a tease.Onto tonight's episode:When they cornered Ethan tonight, I was rooting for them to blow his head off, 'cause that's the only way to deal with psychos in movies and tv. They'll just keep getting right back up if you don't make sure they're good and dead. Then as soon as Charlie actually shot him, I was like, dude, maybe that wasn't such a good idea after all. :P The mystery continues...Is it just me, or were the flashbacks in this one a little extraneous? The reason they worked well on BtVS and Angel was because the backstory usually paralleled and tied-in with the present-day story. And also because they weren't in *every*. damn. episode. I'd like to see just one episode that focused only on the island. Just to mix things up a bit.Since I'm spoiler-free, I was thinking about doing a post speculating about who's going to die by the end of the season, and maybe give Vegas-style odds for each character. I might still do it if I get bored enough. Which is a distinct possibility.

No comments: