Friday, June 15, 2007

Television! Teacher, mother, secret lover...



I watched more TV this week than I have in a long time. There's sure to be something for everyone here: The Simpsons, Veronica Mars, House, Lost, Alias, Smallville, The O.C.The Simpsons: Lenny + Carl 4-Eva!Veronica Mars: Was pretty interesting. Kristen Bell is growing on me, and I liked the 80s dance theme in the episode. And Logan cries very pretty. The only thing that might possibly prevent me from watching regularly would be having to see Alyson Hannigan again. Yeesh. She was horrible.House: I'm not really into medical shows at all, but I really enjoy House's snarky meanness. It prevents this show from being like all the other boring procedural dramas that I hate.Lost: I missed the first half because I was sick. I did catch the last half-hour, and it was long enough for me to wonder what the fuck these people are smoking. Why would you wanna go out on a raft into the middle of the ocean when you're most likely hundreds of miles from any other land? I'd rather take my chances on Polar Bear Island. I hope I didn't miss any Shannon/Sayid smoochies.Alias: Was actually interesting this week. Sark is back! Yeah. Not much to say, but Sark! Hee. :) As other's have pointed out, why didn't Syd get help for Nadia right away? Maybe they were trying to heighten the tension, or maybe the episode ran short and they had to stretch the scene out. Heh. Dum da dum dum.Smallville: So they're at this Russian gulag or something, and Lana is apparently possessed by some ancient sorceress or something. WTF? Yeah, I was barely paying attention anyway. I haven't caught a new episode in a few weeks, so I really don't know what's going on. Maybe that's for the best.The O.C.: Was good. I mostly watch this show for the music and the funnies. Lindsay leaving, blah blah, Marissa's a lesbian this week, blah blah. Again, I mostly just watch for the funnies, and Seth delivered as usual. Although I have to say I was worried that he was going to fall off the roof, and like, die or something, 'cause it looked really dangerous up there. But I was insanely delighted by the Seth/Summer kiss, not because I care about the 'ship, but because of the Spider-Man homage. Hee!

5 comments:

theehllitcant206 said...

Hee...your reviews are delightful to read! When is House on? I'm intrigued!

Anonymous said...

When is House on? I'm intrigued!It's on Tuesday nights at 8 - right after American Idol.

suspensionlab5250yahoocom said...

I have to ask...Why is Homer Simpson making out with himself?? I must have missed that episode...

meupatdoes said...

:lol: Okay, in this week's episode, gay marriage was legalized in Springfield in order to attract gay tourists who would spend a lot of money in the town. And Homer became an ordained minister on the internet so he could marry people and make money. While he was getting ready for one of the weddings, he was looking at his reflection in the mirror and saying "Maybe one day, they'll let us get married. Imagine what the children would look like!" Then he started fantasizing about a bunch of little Homers running around, and he was kissing himself, and saying "Oh, I love you, Homer." Basically, he's the ultimate narcissist. :)Ah, I love The Simpsons. Can't you tell?

laatiandhnne said...

ROFL!! I'm gonna have to catch that on a rerun! What a hoot! The Simpsons are great. :)